Monday, September 04, 2006

Of eggrolls

I'm facing the beginning of my second week. The classes look absolutely brutal. All but one of my four classes have require some sort of massive project of series of semi-massive projects. Embedded systems has four labs all concerning the Xscale motherboard from intel. That means I have to touch circuits'n shit....I hate touching things....especially circuits. I'm a software guy. I write stuff so the motherboard has a greater purpose than being a paperweight. I don't wanna poke around on motherboards with those metal needle thingies. Eff all that!

I made my first eggrolls last night, totally out of scratch. Except for the wrapper, of course. I think I put too much ginger...I could've sworn it said TABLEspoon, oh well. This is a life milestone for any Asian.

A keyboard isn't going to happen this month for me. Friday night I was intent on maxing out my card to get one, but Thursday morning came with the early chills of winter and I realized the warmest thing I have is an old English airforce sweater. The phrase 'Catch-22' are printed on one of the shoulder pads. Maybe the creators were going for a 'no one wins in war' thing. Anyway, it's cute, but their philosophy isn't going to keep me warm during a Pittsburgh winter, so I opted for winter clothes instead of the korg sp300 with internal speakers and hammer weighted keys. Or the Yamaha p90 with 66 note polyphony and GRADED keys...Graded!!...drooool. Whatever, there's always next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home