Saturday, August 26, 2006

Motherfuckin' Snakes

Due to my infinite genius I missed Thursday orientation, but thankfully I made it to orientation Friday. It started at 9am. Breakfast and lunch were served between talks about campus security, careers services, and a QnA with our program advisors. This tedious portion was fortunately followed up by a boat cruise of Pittsburgh's three rivers. It was like high school all over again. I couldn't find anyone to sit with, so I sat alone. Some folks finally took pity and came and sat by me. I've always had a hard time in large crowds, especially where I didn't know anyone. I'm not the type to just walk up to someone and introduce myself. I met a few others as well, some Chinese guys and a LOT of Indians(dots not feathers).
Class starts tomorrow and I've taken it easy on the shopping so I can relax before the work pours in. I saw 'Scoop' yesterday and I honestly expected it to be more funny, but it had the classic, quirky Woody Allen humor, which I enjoyed. Today I'm just chilling at the public library and maybe starbucks later. Oh, I still don't have a bed, it turns out my wonderful hammer makes a sound equivalent to half a dynamite stick. So I'll wait until the weekday when I'm sure most people are awake or gone.

I've actually had a terrible day, but won't get into it. I have a pictures I'd like to share here. A book display in the public library and it can only be the work of genius. It can only be really appreciated if you zoom in on the particular books. Please please do I promise it's worth your time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home