Saturday, August 19, 2006

Irony

"Remember yesterday when you asked me what the meaning of irony was?"
-Random character from "Family Guy" shortly before being tackled by an octopus Stewie.


So I have three umbrellas in my closet...yes three in addittion to a poncho, all for me. One umbrella is from Vons. It's black and white, and I bought it for a San Fransisco trip where it never reained. The next umbrella is green and black. It's from Japan and it's got a traditional look with a littel modern twist. The last one is small, portable, and the entire dome part is Monet's "Lilipads".
I'm here in my department building on campus, two miles from home, and it starts to pour. And how many umbrellas did I bring with me...fucking none. I hope I can find a break in the storm so I can wait this out. Otherwise, I'm sleeping in the lounge. On the bright side there's some Indian students up here with me and they're way friendly and their accents are like music to my ears.
It's my second day here, and today I bought some groceries. More importantly I bought Chopin vodka so I can drink myself to sleep and maybe not miss all you jerks as much. I'm already homesick, but at the same time It all hasn't sunk in yet. I keep telling myself "self, this is our home now", but I'm not buying it completely.
My bookshelf was the first to be assembled. There's a lot of room still, but it will be filled in no time. I'm sleeping on a mattress for now. I heard weird scratchy sounds on my balcony last night, I just hid under the covers and convinced myself it was just a cat. I still need a towel, nail clippers, hangers, and shampoo. But at least i have Chopin, that's the important thing. well, there's a break in the storm. I better take it.
I'll update this guy as often as I can and post pictures soon as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home